Available at every motorcycle shop in the SF Bay Area
CityBike is published monthly and new issues are distributed in the last week of each month
August 2016 Issue Out Now!
Go Getcha Some CityBike!
Hot August issue out now—go get it! There's a "special dual-sport section" because we thought that sounded better than "hey, we did a buncha dual-sport stuff this month!"
- Apparently you do need six speeds! We ride Yamaha's updated FJR1300A.
- A tale of three dual-sports: the latest on our CRF250L project; cheap-ish, light-ish XT225 dual-sport project; we turn a Honda Hawk GT into a "dual-sport."
- Sam gets sheet done at the 2016 Sheetiron.
- We ride Bungee Brent's Backroad Bash, with the aforementioned actual dual-sports and "dual-sport" Hawk, and bring a goddamn dune buggy. You know, just in case.
- Maynard: How Am I Riding Today?
- Hertfelder: Michigan 50 Cents A Pound.
- Dr. Frazier: Brokebike Mountain Adventure Ride.
- Devine: Lessons, Easy & Hard.
- Uneasy Rider: Put Up Or Shut Up.
- Locals Only: Wolfgang Taft.
- News, Clues and Rumors: CA OHV program at risk, An's red boot mafia, IMS uh... loses it's Sac, Skully-duggery and—wouldn't ya know it—more, more, MORE.
- Pit Stops: Max goes to WSBK and tells us a little about that but a lot about American road racing, An rides the 10th Annual Z2 Women’s VIP track day.
- New stuff: Max tests Sena's 10C intercom/camera, Editor Surj breaks in a pair of Sidi's Crossfire 2 TAs.
- ...and don't forget Tankslapper, Events, Classifieds, and a most excellent (and splashy) Last Page Photo.
CityBike was started in 1984 with the idea that the Bay Area motorcycle culture was vibrant, so ingrained in daily life, so rich in history, characters, stories, racing, riding, and comradeship that it deserved to be chronicled in print.
Our mission remains the same: to deliver to you, our reader, thoughtful and provocative journalism that may lack for the gloss and polish of the major national magazines, but more than makes up with enthusiasm, participation, integrity, and loyalty to our readers and our beliefs. We're riders like you, and love riding, just like you.
CityBike is Northern California's original free motorcycling publication. Since 1984, it's provided a special brand of motorcycle news, reviews and information to hundreds of thousands of readers. It's available at over 200 locations throughout Northern California or by subscription.