It's April and we're no fools: we just have great content:
- Alley Sweeper: A wild ride in Portland as swarms of ratbikes invade that damp city's network of overgrown alleys in this unique urban enduro.
- Smarter, Faster, Safer: Yamaha Champion Riders School at Laguna Seca. John Joss learns how to go faster, safer from Scott Russell, Nick Ienatch and other top riders.
- Ed Hertfelder discovers helmet cams
- Maynard Hershon on what he'd buy to ride--if he all the money in the world to spend on it.
- New Stuff: Safety! iPhone breathalyzer and Safer Moto airbag vest.
- News, Clues: Anti-lane-splitting legislation, Portland's One Moto custom bike show, Yamaha's Bolt out of the blue, Indian's new motor, new Flat-Track racing org, Nor Cal young gun goes racing abroad.
- Splitting Headache: The State of California finally recognizes lanesplitting by issuing guidelines...but what do they mean? Is our ability to split protected?
- KTM 690 Duke: Heavy-duty fun in a lightweight package.
- Brammo Empulse R: The electric motorcycle gets serious.
- Supercross Oakland in words and photos.
- Improving the brakes on your VFR.
- Off-Road Survival Guide: Getting the bike to fit your body.
- Maynard rides electric!
- Hertfelder: the trophy nobody wants...
- News, Clues: Duke 390, new Hondas, Vegas Bonham's Auction Results, Royal Enfiled Café-Racer pricing, Naked Ninja 300?
- New Stuff: Bell's Half-Helmet with a twist, magnetic zip ties and...smart gloves?
- Egyptian Scooter Adventure! Join reader Dewayne Van Leuven as he explores Egypt on a 125cc SYM scooter.
- Time Machine: We ride the Royal Enfield Classic C5
- Dirt Bikes: Selecting a used off-roader
- Maynard Hershon: You and Rollie Free
- Hertfelder: Start!
- News, Clues: Remembering Adam Wade and Robbie Hoyt, Charlie O'Hanlon moves, CHP tells us lane-splitting is fine, why Indian will come back--strong!
- New Stuff: HJC's premium RPHA helmet lineup tested, woman-sized Aerostich Roadcrafter
- Plus Tankslappers, events and more!
- Dirtbags! We get up and (maybe too...) personal with some dirtbags...and their bikes from the 2012 Dirtbag challenge!
- Honda's NC700X: Double-tested super-duper adventure-commuter thingee!
- Off-Road Survival Guide Part III: very entertaining info on getting your bike and gear for some dirty adventuring
- Maynard talks O-rings
- Hertfelder goes to the Sandy Lane enduro
- News, Clues: KTM2013, Munroe Motors at Bonneville, our take on the Lit electric moto, close-up with Anthony Alonso!
- New Stuff: Book Review: Museo Ducati, Ohlins sells us electro-active suspension, the Nolan N-104 tested.
- PLUS: Color cover and inner spread!
- Building a better Guzzi: GreyDog Motos' Patrick Bell and his T3 Café Racer
- New Bikes from the Milan Show, 2012: Now in Color
- 2013 FJR1300: We ride a much-improved sportbike tourer.
- 2013 CRF250L: Honda gives us the dual-sport we want.
- Off-Road Survival Part II: Building your exo-skeleton.
- Maynard Hershon: At the Guzzi Club breakfast
- Hertfelder: Getting dirty with Loretta Lynn and Davy Coombs
- Tankslappers: An answer for Maynard
- News, Clues and Rumors: CARB saves us from E15, Leo Vince makeover, Dirtbag 2012, six new Hondas (including a new Honda Six), riding round the world--in 1912.
- New Stuff: The Dion Device, Bathroom reading, Helibars, boots not made for walking.
- We ride two new Ninjas: 300 and 636. Displacement bumps make good things better!
- All the latest 2013 motos from Intermot!
- Dirtbiking 101
- Steven Thompson looks for his old GSX-R750 racebike
- Maynard: Why do they ride like that, anyway?
- Hertfelder: The Six Days of Michigan
- Tankslappers: WTF, Maynard, Part XXIX
- News, Clues and Rumors: Cannonball finish, Santa Rosa Mile, Honda rumors, Guzzi's more powerful V7, Helimot gloves reviewed, events, and more.
- Adventure touring the Moto Guzzi way: We test the 2012 Stelvio NTX
- Pebble Beach Concours d' Elegance: The oldest motorcycle and a BMW Rarity take the prizes
- Reg Kittrelle rides the 2012 Triumph Bonneville: Sometimes you just need a motorcycle.
- Hertfelder rides Uptown (West Virginia)
- Hershon rides with a nonagenarian
- Tankslappers: Guns, demographics and fan mail
- News, Clues and Rumors: Tracker Nite 5, will the government will make you buy ethanol, Carla King reports from the Lake Tahoe Adventure Rendezvous, new Ninjas, new Harleys and Star's littlest bagger.
- New Stuff: Schuberth's new Schumacher-inspired race helmet, a new way to hold your iPhone, wheel jockey chain-adjusting helper.
- Plus: new events listings!
- A visit with the East Bay Dragons, Oakland's longest - lived all-black club
- Sacramento Mile: Awesome photos from Bob Stokstad plus awesome writing from Courtney Olive
- More Awesome photography (and words) from Thomas Gray's trip to MotoGP at Laguna
- Honda PCX 150 scooter first ride
- A trip to Bell Helmets
- 2013 Victory Boardwalk: 100-hp Beach Cruiser
- We deconstruct the victory logo
- Melissa Pierson on moto-zealotry
- Maynard Hershon on moto-demographics
- Ed Hertfelder gets ISDE fever
- Tankslapper: Scariest Ride, trailer-trashed edition
- NCR: CityBike day, Mojo-to-Zen, BMW S1000RR HP4, Helimot's new spot
- New Stuff: Scala G9 headset, Kali helmet, Leatt neck brace
- We ride the new Triumph Tiger Explorer
- Why are we dying? David Hough on moto-safety
- Bikes n Guns: CityBike hits the rifle range
- BMW Scooters: C600 and C650
- Moto Melee Ride Report
- Hertfelder: Not a Nice Man
- Frazier: Moto Kismet
- Hershon: You need a Harley, She Said...
- NCR: Ray Nowakowski remembered, Felica Stenson case winds down, cars flying over SF, new Beemers, Huskies and a Triumph Single?
- New Stuff: Trai
- lers, legal self-help and waxed-cotton courier bag.
- Victory's 2013 Judge--ass-kicking looks with performance to match. We ride and test it!
- 2012 Ducati Panigale 1199: Best Ducati Superbike ever? We triple-test it to find out.
- Essay by Peter Mars: Becoming #761
- Moto-cationing the European ALps
- Ed Hertfelder cleans out his milk crates
- Melissa Pierson takes up screenwriting
- Maynard Hershon finds the roads less travelled
- Tankslapper: CityBike goes on the road
- News, Clues and Rumors: Gary Jaehne remembered, Ducati 649 racer, Motus' new dealer, Isle of Man 2012, moto-poetry in Kari's Korner!
- New Stuff: Bed Buddy, summer cooling vests
- Celebrity Chef Tyler Florence's culinary Triumph cafe'-racer custom.
- Quail Lodge Motorcycle Gathering
- '57 Triumph TR5/R
- Evan Wilcox shows us tank-building
- 2012 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200
- Two mini cafe'-racers: Symwolf 150 and Cleveland Cyclewerks tha Misfit 250
- Gabe Ets-Hokin: Haters Gotta Hate
- Hertfelder on Route Sheets
- Maynard Hershon: His personal long-term ride
- Dr. Gregory Frazier: Herbie the Love Bike
- Product Reviews: Schuberth S2, Airhawk 2
- News, Clues and Rumors: New CityBike racks, CityBike Day Preview, Moto 5ive's take on the new Brammo e-bike, all about the Sears Point Moto Jam AMA races, Flat-Track preview, and boners that won't go away.
- 2012 Aprilia Tuono V4R: V-Four license-shredder by Gabe Ets-Hokin and Alan Lapp.
- Indoor Flat-track in San Jose by Karen Gould
- All-Brit Clubman Show by John Joss
- Is a 250 too big for beginners? Opinion from CityBike reader Rob.
- 2012 Honda CBR1000RR: Can upgraded suspension take the place of traction control?
- Classic D'India, plus a review of a D'India essay collection. Original artwork by Jon Jensen.
- New Columnist Melissa Holbrook Pierson: The Girl Cave.
- Maynard's reflects on motorcycle magic.
- Ed Hertfelder rides the LA to Barstow to Vegas.
- News, Clues and Rumors: FXDX hoax, new Honda scooters, Brammo's upcoming Empulse, Daytona report from Will Guyan, Quail Lodge preview.
- Electric Boogaloo: living with electric motorcycles.
- David Hough asks if rider training is causing crashes.
- Rental Riding: using someone else's touring bikes.
- Maynard gets serviced.
- Hertfelder can't find his gas can.
- Frazier can't afford a new Adventure Bike.
- Tankslappers: readers respond.
- News, Clues and Rumors: Golden Gate Cycles closing, Ducati's possible buyers, Excelsior-Henderson coming back?, Unfinished Projects show, Events, new stuff and more.
- Should I buy a Buell? A CityBike investigation.
- Supercross comes to Oak-land!
- First ride: 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
- Las Vegas classic bike mega-auction
- Plus Frazier, Maynard, Hertfelder, News and Clues, Events, New Stuff and much more.
- Ticket This! S.F. Moto shops battle the SFMTA's indiscriminate meter-placement policy in this exclusive CityBike story
- A first ride on Kawasaki's all-new 2012 Ninja 650 Twin
- SHARP: Rating helmets beyond pass/fail
- Hertfelder: Checkpoint Charlie
- Dr. Frazier: (sidecar) Monkey business
- Maynard Hershon: slow down, you maniacs!
- Tankslappers: more about roadrage
- News, Clues: Ride Baja with Mr. Magoo, pricing announced for Triumph Explorer, new 700cc Honda adventure tourer, book reviews, events and more.
- Gary Jaehne pits the Ninja 250 v the CBR250R--which is best for novice and advanced riders?
- LeoVince Full system for the Street Triple R: tested
- Review of the 195hp Ninja ZX-14R
- IMS Show news
- A Last Ride with JoMo
- Tankslapper Road Rage Edition
- News, Clues and Rumors: JoMo passes, New Kawi Versys 1000, BMW Scooters, Ducati's amazing Panigale, have e-bikes arrived?
- Brooks Cycle Auction: Selling off 60 years of motorcycle history, by John Joss
- 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 with traction control: first ride by Gabe Ets-Hokin
- 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000: tested by John Joss and Gabe Ets-Hokin
- AirHawk seat test
- Gutter Mechanic shows you how to balance wheels by Bob Stokstad
- Maynard Hershon meets a very special bicycle enthusiast
- Dr. Frazier rides into some bad food
- Ed Hertfelder shows you how to drop your bike
- Tankslappers: AAA says no to bikes, Monster Adventure tourer, CityBike t-shirts in foreign lands.
- A look at the 5150 Stunter club
- Yamaha Zuma 50F
- Calistoga Flat Track
- CB160 Cafe Racer part III
- An introduction to Supermoto
- Maynard disses KLRs
- Greg Frazier tells us about a REAL adventurer rider
- Ed Hertfelder and the mother of all mudholes
- NCR: New Kawis, Ducatis, more on Fonzie's bike, Jim Lindemann remembered, La Ducati Day.
- Plus Tankslappers, New Stuff, Events and more!
- Moto-Pilgrimage: Courtney Olive makes the journey to the Isle of Man
- CB Triple-Tested: 2011 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
- SYM Symba: Honda Super Cub redux
- AFM: teens riding--and winning
- The truth Hurts: Words of wisdom from the Hurt report.
- News, Clues and Rumors: Building a better Guzzi cafe' racer, new bikes from Kawi, Yamaha MV Agusta and Ducati, A&A Racing's TrackerNite, Buell 1190RS, more poetry from Kari.
- NCR: San Francisco's Electric Supermoto, Dirtbag 2011, we ride the Motus ST (sort of).
- New Stuff: HD Cameras, Coconut socks and data-logging iPhone app
- Will Guyan reports from Laguna Seca MotoGP
- New Victory Tourer for 2012
- Great Sacramento Mile reporting and photography from Bob Stokstad and Curt Repck
- Ed Hertfelder gives gastrointestinal advice
- Maynard chases a Ducati guy through the Colorado mountains
- Dr. Frazier says it's the journey
- AFM: Meet the Tigerts
- Will Guyan shares his experience at the BMW-centric edition of the California Superbike School at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah
- Gabe reviews the Scala G4 Powerset bluetooth helmet heatset
- Neale Bayly rides the newest GSXRs
- Alan Lapp has an out-of-vocabulary experience at Pikes Peak
- 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 and 800XC
- Yamaha FZ8 vs. Triumph Street Triple R
- Munch Mammoth: Germany's First Superbike
- 2011 Sheetiron 300 Dual-Sport Adventure
- AFM: All About Open Twins
- Norton Featherbed at Laguna Seca
- Quail Vintage Bike Gathering and Auction
- 2011 Honda CB1000R
- Kymco 2011: Power to the Peoples
- Hare Scrambles: Thanks, #208
- Top 5 Riding Tips
- AFM: Racing the BMW S1000RR, May Race Report
- 2011 BMW F800R vs. 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
- First Rides: 2011 Triumph Speed Triple and Daytona 675R
- Shane Watts DirtWise Academy
- San Jose Indoor Flattrack
- Zero Electric Motorcycles 2011
- AFM: Lightweight Classes and April Round Race Report
- My CityBike: Air-Cooled Ducati Superbike Custom (Multistrada Motor, 848 Chassis)
- 2011 Ducati Diavel
- Aerostich: Roadcrafter or Darien?
- Should Rider Training be Mandatory
- AFM: Ed Hazaar's Kawasaki Z1 and March Race Report
- 2011 Triumph Sprint GT
- RawHyde Adventures Off-Road Academy
- Dr. Ting: Surgeon to the Stars
- Oakland Supercross
- Roger DeCoster
- 2011 Yamaha FZ8
- 2011 Honda CBR250R
- Shop Stop: The Motor Cafe (Peninsula Honda/Ducati)
- Mechanics's Tales from the '70s
- 2011 Kawasaki XZ-10R
- CB160 Cafe Racer Part II
- David Hough: Mr. Whiner and the Nanny State
- Dakar: Which is Better, Africa or South America?
- 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
- Nurnburgring on a BMW R1200GS
- Chasing the Dakar as a Spectator
- Comic Strip: Altered States
- New for 2011
- 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
- 1200 Bucks: Fun with Scooters
- Stockton Mile 2010
- My CityBike: 1976 Honda 400F Supersport
- Scala Q2 Bluetooth Intercom System
- 2010 Ural ST
- New Bikes for 2011
- Tech Preview: BMW K1600GT and K1600GTL
- Jay Leno's Man Cave
- CB160 Cafe RAcer Project, Part I
- Touring on the Yamaha XS650
- Shop Stop: San Jose BMW
- Guide to $1000 motorcycles
- AFM Report: October Races
- Bagger Battle: 2011 Victory Cross Roads v. 2011 Harley-Davidson Road Glide
- Made in the USA: Aerostich, Leader MC Accessories, RKA Luggage, Johnson Leathers, Royal Purple, Wesco Boots, Superior Sound Technologies, Lee Parks Designs, Adventure Designs, Woodcraft CFM
- Scariest Ride: Wet, Cold and Lost in Baja
- Shop Stop: Ron Simms Builds a Rideable Chopper
- Gutter Mechanic: Inner Tubes
- DVD Review: The Fowler Formula
- Classic Glydon: 2000 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy
- AFM Report: July-Aug Races
- Calistoga Half Mile
- Champion-Frame Honda 350 Custom Street Tracker
- 2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S
- MotoGP Laguna Seca 2010
- Stop Shop: Feel Like a Pro Racebike Rentals
- AFM Report: July Round
- Pashnit Northern California Tours
- Geezers: Bob Guynes and Jim Reger
- Ghengis Gone: Exploring Mongolia by Sidecar
- Chrome Berlin Messenger Bag Review
- AFM Report: June Round
- 2011 Harley-Davidson XR1200X
- Berkeley Scott Dunlavey
- Gutter Mechanic Part II
- 2010 BMW G450X
- Screw Yelp!
- World Superbike in Salt Lake City
- AFM: More May Races
- Hattar Moto NCR Leggera Special
- 2010 BMW R1200GS by David Edwards
- 2009 Suzuki GS500F
- Scariest Ride: Over the Edge
- Book Review: The Gypsy in Me by Ted Simon
- Corrazo 5.0 Textile Jacket
- AFM Report: May Races
- Yamaha Champions Riding School
- Catalyst Suspension Suspension-Tuning School
- Indoor Short Track Racing in San Jose
- My Favortie Things: Racetrack Gear
- Lee Parks Riding Riding Clinic
- 2010 MV Agusta F4 1000S
- Shop Stop: Nichols Sportbike Service
- Clubman All-British Weekend, San Jose 2010
- AFM Report, April Races
- Why You Shouldn't Buy a 600
- Kawasaki Ninja 250R vs. Hyosung GT250
- 2010 Yamaha FZ6R Triple-Tested
- Gutter Mechanic Guide
- The Easter Ride by Mean Marshall
- Scoring a $500 Motorcycle
- Shop Stop: Mojotown
- Book Review: Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough
- Scariest Ride
- Gear for Short Riders
- Classic Glydon: Of UJMs and Singles
- BMW F800GS
- Essential Adventure-Touring Gear
- 2010 Ducati Hypermotard 1100 EVO and EVO SP
- Guide to Adventure Touring
- Motorcycle Photography Tips
- 2010 BMW S1000RR
- Shop Stop: Zen House Motorcycle Shop
- Awful Poop Joke Question of the Month
- Book Review: Sam Manicom's Round-The-World Trilogy
- The Battle for Carnegie
- 2010 Kawasaki Z1000
- 2010 Aprilia RSV4R
- Xmas buying guide
- Jaybuilt Kawasaki 500 XJ500T
- Book Review: Cult of the Amateur
- 2010 KTM RC8 and 990 SM-R and 990 SM-T
- New Kymco for 2010: Downtown 300i, Quannon 150
- 2010 Yamaha YZ450F
- Touring the Alps with the BMW K1300GT
- 2010 Kawasaki Concours14
- 2009 Yamaha FJR1300AE
- 2009 Moto Guzzi Griso 8v
- Milan Show 2009
- New Kawasaki Motorcycles for 2010: Versys, Concours14, Z1000, Ninja ZX-10R
- 555 Vintage Touring
- 2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796
- Chicks on Bikes Book Review
- 2009 Moto Melee
- First Look at the 2010 Honda VFR1200F
- Tracy Snyder Back to Bonneville
- Leatherman Toll Review